If you're lacking the motivation to kickstart your yoga practice, take a cold plunge in the sea, or just want to start your weekend in the best way possible, then you've come to the right place.
Winter can often feel like the perfect excuse to hunker down and not leave the house until the sun decides to reappear come Spring. Whilst there's no shame in this, it can often surface feelings of isolation and loneliness, and suddenly SAD (seasonal affective disorder, also referred to 'winter depression') is at an all time high.
To combat this, Lauren has created 'Move, Breathe, Swim', a social event to kickstart your weekend on the right foot. Let's shake the seasonal sadness and use movement, breath, cold water immersion and connection to feel our best!
Lauren will guide you through 45 minutes of gentle movement to help wake up the body & mind slowly. Think a lovely stretchy flow with an emphasis on breath work. Class will be followed by a group cold water swim/dip at a nearby beach or harbour (location TBC/weather dependent) where we'll put our breath practice to good use! To finish our morning, we'll warm up over a cuppa, cake & some friendly chats.
- 9.00 - 9.45am: Our day will start at Menevia Spa, where we will wake up slowly with some gentle movement. Think a lovely stretchy 45-minute flow with an emphasis on breath work scattered throughout. Get ready to switch off the mind, take control of the breath, and let the body flow as we find fluidity in each movement. *Class will start at 9am, please aim to arrive 10 minutes prior*
- 9.45 - 10.00am: Post-yoga chats & discuss plan of action for our swim (the swim location is weather dependent and will likely be decided on the day)
- 10.00 - 10.15am: Drive to swim location
- 10.15 - 10.30am: Get changed
- 10.30 - 11.00am: Swim (we will not be in the water for this long! This includes time to change after & lots of chatting)
- 11.00 - 11.30am: Post swim chats, tea/coffee drinking & cake eating! (Cake will be provided, however please bring your own flask of tea/coffee/hot choc to help warm yourself up afterwards)
PLEASE NOTE (T&Cs):
- This class is held at Menevia Spa, 42 Goat St, St Davids, Haverfordwest, SA62 6RQ & is suitable for all levels and abilities, with plenty of modifications provided throughout making it appropriate for every(body)
- Yoga mats will be provided, however we recommend bringing your own to provide some extra support
- You will be entering the sea at your own risk. Whilst we will do everything we can to make the swim as safe as possible, you must know your own limits. You must be able to swim confidently in order to take part. We advise you stay within your depth at all times.
- Please bring plenty of warm layers to help warm yourself up after the swim! Think lots of layers (thermal tops, fleeces, jumpers, coats, dry robe, socks, gloves, hat), a towel, suitable footwear, and anything else that will help you stay warm.
- Homemade cake will be provided, but please bring your own flask of tea/coffee/hot chocolate to help warm up afterwards
- Photos and videos will be taken throughout the event. Please let us know if you would not like to be on camera
- Spaces are limited as we want to keep these events intimate so you can get the most out of the experience. We also want to prioritise your safety whilst out in the elements by keeping group sizes small. Please secure your spot as soon as possible to avoid any disappointment!
- Any cancellations must be given with plenty of notice. At least 24 hours for a full refund. At least 12 hours for a partial refund (50%). No refund will be given with less than 12 hours notice
- If you have any questions regarding the event, please drop Lauren an email over at firstname.lastname@example.org